Monday 18 April 2011

Get Him To The Greek!

Get Him To The Greek is one of my new favourite films by far, I just watched it for maybe the 5th time in 2 months last night!
If I'm tired or in the mood for a laugh I watch it! I love the combination of Jonah Hill (plays Aaron Green) and Russel Brand (playing Aldous Snow)! Basically Jonah Hill works for P. Diddy at a record label and it's his job to get Russel Brand who is a failed-drug addict-Rock Star who needs to get his gig at the Greek Theatre. The film follows there journey from London to New York to Las Vegas until they get to LA. It's filled with sex, drugs and Rock'n'Roll and a lot of comedy!



 I never liked Russel Brand before but this film has slowly started to change my mind about him, I think it's because his character is how I imagine Brand being when he was on drugs and before being with Katy Perry! Also Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs is in it and he's extremely funny. There are also lots of cameos from other famous people such as Lars Ulrich from Metallica, Christina Aguilera and others! Aldous' girlfriend Jackie Q is also hilarious her singing career consists of singing very rude songs in scantily clad outfits! Although Aldous' songs are very similar and they do actually sing the songs themselves which is cool. No matter how many times I watch it I laugh at every joke even though I know exactly what's going to happen! There are also a lot of funny quotes in the film and the songs are catchy although don't worry, it isn't a musical - they are just the band's songs that are featured all throughout the film.
It is definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it but be ready to laugh... A LOT! If you don't think that any part is funny then I don't know what is funny!


I'm going to catch up with everyone else and watch Kick-Ass soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment