Friday 6 May 2011

Insidious...Potential Spoilers..!

Last night, me and a few uni friends watched the film Insidious.. (POTENTIAL SPOILERS!)
We were all obviously expecting to be scared but not half as much as we actually were!

I enjoy horrors; especially ghost ones but have never really been properly, properly scared for example - I have never screamed at a film (I'm not a big screamer..!)



Well basically last night I screamed about 4 times!
The film starts in with the spooky stuff within about 15 minutes...just subtle stuff then it starts to get freaky and not only is it freaky but it's all of the time - the film only gives you a few minutes to chill before the next thing happens - which is great but your heart is racing the whole time!

I thought that the story itself was really good as for me, it's always worse when children are involved! Also each of the ghosty things that were haunting the boy were really good and really scary especially "Fire Face" man and the Black haired man...he was the first one to make us scream!
What I really liked about the film is that instead of the ghosts being CGI or floaty or anything; it was more believable because they were actors in make-up and therefor were actually there and also they could grab the characters which was horrible! They weren't like transparent and could float through stuff! They would also turn up at any point...the music didn't lead you to it...all of a sudden they'd just be there!



Another good thing is that it's not like most other horrors where the scary stuff only happens at night..the film has you on edge with your blanket covering all but the corner of one eye (yes that was me!) for the whole time! Scary stuff happened in both day and night!


This is Fire Face....HORRIBLE!
The only bad thing was is that I predicted the end but other than that I thought it was great and definitely the scariest film I have ever seen! I'm so glad I didn't go to the cinema to watch it as that would have been embarrassing with all the screaming and we were all very sweaty and I was a bit of a loser when I got back to my room - I was very scared to be alone! Luckily tho I didn't have nightmares!
I don't know if I'd be able to watch it again but if you like horrors I highly recommend it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment