Saturday 7 May 2011

Stranger than Fiction

Last night, Stacey and me watched Stranger than Fiction...(I normally get the name wrong and call it the Science of Fiction..!)
It was really good and I already knew the story as we'd studied a bit of it in one of our lectures. I think I would of enjoyed it more if I didn't know why he was being narrated but it was still cool.
Although I did hate seeing Will Ferrell play a depressed character and I felt really sorry for him so I had to keep remembering Anchorman to make me happy!
I really enjoyed the dynamic between the characters of Harold (Ferrell) and Ana (Maggie Gyllenhaal) and also really liked the narrator (Emma Thompson) and the English professor (Dustin Hoffman).
SO basically all of the characters in the film are cool and interesting.
The story itself was really good but it was very sad! 
The film was also interrupted by a thunderstorm that Stacey and me watched for aaaaages!
But it was easy to pick back up from where we left it.


*SPOILERS*
The ending was really good as I predicted that she'd change the ending but then it seemed as if she wasn't going to which shocked me loads but then she did! So although I did predict it...it didn't happen in an obvious way so I wasn't disappointed at all!


It's definitely worth watching for the cool effects and it is a good but sad film! I found it sad in the way that I find Funny People sad...I have to make Stacey watch that next!

No comments:

Post a Comment