Tuesday 1 November 2011

Attack The Block, X-Men: First Class, The Wrestler

It's been a while again!
I was on a five hour train the other day with my laptop so what do I do - watch 2 films then listen to an entire Beatles album!



The first film I watched was Attack The Block! I absolutely loved it! I think that you have to be careful with watch you watch on a train as there are people around you, I had headphones but I still don't want anyone to get offended. I thought a comedy about an alien invasion would be fine! Luckily I had a youngish dude sat next to me so I knew it'd be ok!
The only thing was - I kept having to hold in my laughter! I very much enjoyed it! It was hilarious - the characters were great and Nick Frost was hilarious!  I highly recommend this film to anyone who wants a laugh but it does have a great and heart warming end as well! I really can't say much more about it - you just have to see it!



So when that ended I went straight onto X-Men: First Class which was also very very very very good! If you haven't seen it seriously watch it! I loved it all, the casting was great and so was the story and how they introduced the Mutants. James McAvoy was great - he added a bit of Austin Powers to Professor X (In a weird but cool way! Groooovy!) and Michael Fassbender was very very good as young Magneto! Again it's another that I don't want to ruin for those who haven't seen it so just watch it! 


Now the other night we watched The Wrestler. I decided to add it to my LoveFilm because I'd heard it was great and my uncle loves it. I was very happily surprised - I loved the story and how it wasn't all wrestling matches but focused more on the character of Randy. The character was really deep and sad! I think Stacey fell asleep a bit but I loved it! I loved following the character on his highs and lows (mostly lows) and I absolutely loved the end! It is a bit of a tear jerker but it is definitely worth a watch! Mickey Rourke was really good and you completely believe in the character.


And now MisFits has started again and so has Tool Academy! So I may update about them even though they aren't as good as the above mentioned films! I am also still reading Game Of Thrones! (I've been busy with uni work and a personal project as well so haven't had much reading time!) 


If any of you readers are from Cheltenham - come to this: Preview Of Turbulence Film!
And watch the trailer here -  http://www.turbulencefilm.com/

Laters!
Tumblr - http://popsmay.tumblr.com/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/PopsMay

No comments:

Post a Comment